Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday, June 14

Well...11K...its kind of funny and weird that when I see runners I think to myself that they seem to be going so smoothly..almost gliding along, then I came to the realization that maybe people think this way about me when they see me run...

I must say it is not as easy as it looks! I ran the farthest I have ever run today and I felt the struggle! it was hard to keep up the pace and on more than one occasion I wanted to slow and even walk...but I pushed through, and kept up with everyone. I am starting think that this realization is what it is all about, pushing your self and achieving your goals and never giving up on yourself...

I find too often that people (me included) give up too fast on themselves, we are all so fast at making excuses as to why we shouldnt do things that are out of the comfy zone that we miss out on the greatness that lives in the moment that your fear is over come and you have no choice but to be proud of yourself....

This is the year I start to sway from comfy and do some things that for so long I have missed out on but now I am ready and will achieve all that I can!

side note...cute asian guy gave me some great advice today! have an awesome chat with him, funny how little events/comments can restore your focus on your goals!

oo in case I forget the advice was to keep my arms by my side when I am running down hill, and to not schedule a training session fir the saturday before the event and I will have lots more energy to expend for the 21K :)

2 comments:

  1. You are an amazing woman! You have no idea how you encourage me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be really proud of your achievements, Jen. You are a great example to follow!

    ReplyDelete